Thursday, April 5, 2012

Mornings with Mousse

To say I love my dog is a little bit of an understatement. Mousse is pretty awesome. With our crazy schedules, it becomes a little hard to keep a strict routine when it comes to him so me knowing that we have our mornings together is just super duper. As of recently, I have been working out at home so I get up around 5:30am and trot downstairs and find him slowly and sluggishly getting off the couch before I "catch" him. (Jason and I have been at war with Mousse and the couch. We all three came to a compromise that as long as he didn't jump up there during the day or while we were sitting on it at night, he could have rights to the couch when we were gone or while we were sleeping. It is going well. He doesn't jump up on the couch whenever he wants to and that is all we really care about. Plus it is pretty funny that he thinks we don't know he gets up there "behind our backs". Sneaky bastard.) So while he is basically walking around still asleep, I pop in my dvd and get ready to do my thing. 10% of the time he slumps down on his bed and goes back to sleep or just stares at me like I am having a seizure. He might even decide that during my workout that I am annoying him and gets up and re-locates to the freaking MIDDLE of the floor where I happen to be jumping around and such. Geez. The other 90% of the time...well...Mousse wants to work out too. He thinks we are playing and either brings a toy to me and I multi-task with high jumps and a rowdy game of tug-o-war. Or I will be doing floor work and he will come right up and help out with the sweat by licking my face off. Crazy dog. Days like this I like to end the dvd early and go for a nice run with him to get that energy out that I love oh-so-much!


This mornings rendition of Tug-O-War. I won. 

He hydrated.....

....and do did I! Yummy Shakeology!


xoxo
Pearl

No comments: