Tuesday, April 3, 2012

French Dip Crescents

Every now and then a girl just wants to make a quick dinner that is pretty decent for you that tastes amazing. Ladies and Gents? I give you the French Dip Crescents (courtesy of Plain Chicken via Pinterest).

When cooking, I try to keep it balanced and pretty healthy for you. This was a little splurge but sooo good and the husband and I just loved it. I also tried to make a healthier version of it so here ya go!





Skinny French Dip Crescents (recipe altered from www.plainchicken.com)

1/2 pound deli roast beef, thinly sliced
4 slices provolone cheese
4 tsp low fat ranch (oppose to horseradish sauce)
1 can refrigerated low fat crescent rolls
1 packet Au Jus Gravy mix.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Separate crescent rolls onto counter. Since the original recipe was intended for a lunch version, I took two triangles and "smooshed" them together so I could make a bigger sandwich. Spread 1/2 teaspoon horseradish sauce or low fat ranch dressing on each crescent.  Top each crescent with a slice provolone cheese and some roast beef.  Roll up crescents and place on baking sheet.  Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.

While crescents are baking, make the Au Jus according to directions on packet. I actually was lazy and used the McCormicks Au Jus seasoning which could be lower in sodium for my taste so I am on the hunt for a decent Au Jus recipe now. Overall, it was just fantastic paired with fresh green beans and grated parmesan.





Let me know if you try this! Enjoy! 


xoxo
Pearl

No comments: